Sunday, July 19, 2009

The End of Week 1

Well, I knew our hardest part of this challenge would be eating out. I did really good this week not going out to lunch (while my husband didn't do so well on that end), but this weekend hit and life got crazy, and I gave into that urge. Last night's dinner was super cheap and not a big deal to splurge for, but today we went out to lunch during errands and spent $20 including tip. YIKES! We are still under budget, but if we could just stop eating out, we would be WAY under budget. So, as we head into week #2 I am hoping to get better about eating out. This challenge will be good for us. If only I could convince my husband to stop drinking soda!! (And not that this blog is about my dropping bad habits, but I didn't drink any caffeine two days in a row now!!)

So here was our menu today:

Breakfast- Homemade Blueberry Wheat Pancakes with blueberries on the side
Lunch- Mexican restaurant (dh- steak burrito, me-chicken burrito/rice, dd chicken fingers/rice)
Dinner- Spaghetti and Salad (lettuce, onion, cucumber, tomatoe)


$20.27 for lunch Spending Today
TOTAL FOR WEEK 1= $74.01


Yikes! We were JUST under budget. Our budget had to be $75 or less. Talk about a close call! What is sad about this is almost all of it was beverages and eating out! We spent less than $20 on actual food from the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment