Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 4 All You Challenge

Have I mentioned how much I love this challenge? It's so much fun just to be able to think about how much or how little we are saving each day with my crazy couponing habits. What's even better about this challenge is that it's forcing me to think before I suggest eating out lately, and it is so much better for us to NOT eat out! The temptation is so much less when I'm trying to keep my budget low. I need this challenge to be a year long! Ha,ha.

So, today's meals included:

Breakfast: Pancakes again (My daughter can't get enough of them these past few days) and banana.
Lunch: Egg Salad Sandwiches and chips (We bought the eggs and chips today for a total of 5.58. My husband got them on his way home from work so no coupons were involved, but I made sure if he HAD to have chips that he bought the ones on sale.)
Dinner: Taco Salad- lettuce, ground beef w/ taco seasoning, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, salsa. (The beef was my purchase earlier this week, all veggies were from produce co-op, salsa/sour cream/seasoning were all stockpile from freebies at a triple shop)
Snack: Yogurt (was free at HT's super doubles last month)

I have seen a lot of others participating in the challenge posting what they are drinking each day. My daughter is 2.5 years old and only drinks water and milk. As a treat, she sometimes is given juice, which is diluted A LOT (probably 70/30). The juice is a stockpile from the past super doubles were it was free. My husband and I drink milk at dinner, water and soda during the day. I don't think there's much hope in getting my husband to reduce his soda intact for my budget, but I decided I was going to try and do better. Currently, I am drinking one per day, and I'm hoping by the end of this challenge to only be drinking one on a rare occassion. Wish me luck!

Total Spending Today: $5.58
Total for the Week: $38.69

1 comment:

  1. I realized that the only drink I was posting was my daily pot of coffee - but I'm a Weight Watchers member, and have been drinking tap water, which costs me nothing. A few months back, I stocked up on the "on the go" flavoring packets in various flavors. I only use a half packet - just enough to give the water a bit of flavor, so my stockpile's gonna last a LONG time, LOL!

    ReplyDelete