Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 3 All You Challenge

Today we had the following to eat:
BREAKFAST- Eggo Blueberry Pancakes- plain (we have syrup in the house but dd and I don't use it for our pancakes) (free from a triple shopping trip) and banana (from produce co-op).
LUNCH- Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
DINNER- BBQ Shredded pork sandwiches and mac and cheese (.14 mac and cheese from a sale a while back and the pork butt was .88/lb a week ago at our Harris Teeter)

We didn't snack much today- dd had some kix for a snack and some raisins. DH and I splurged and had some ice cream (Breyers .25 at a previous triples) after the kids went to bed.

I ran to the store today to get 2 loafs of bread and also picked up 4 packs of ground beef. It is on sale at our Harris Teeter for 1.47/lb. I may go get more of this. Next week I have to make dinner for two other families besides mine (two playgroup moms had babies and we all cook dinners for them) so I may get some of that and make them mostaccoli (sp?) since I already have a big stockpile of noodles, cheese, and sauce. That would make for a cheap dinner for three families with that meat sale!

Total Spending today: $9.77
Total for the Week: $33.11


Here's a breakdown of my Harris Teeter shopping trip today:
Nature Pride Wheat Bread- 1.99x 2 (-0.55 MQ doubled x 2) = 1.78 for 2 loaves of bread!
Ground Beef- 1.47/lb- purchased 5.29 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment