Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 1 All You Challenge

So, I'm going to go into far greater detail than All You has requested for this challenge? Why? Because I love adding up in my head how much I spent on all the items we eat and use each day. It's fun to realize how little you can pay for so much stuff! Maybe reading everything we eat for the next month and how much I paid for it will get you even more interested to read about my deals that I'll post as this blog gets moving. So, All You just wants me to keep track of what I spend each day and if I use items that we already had in the house than it doesn't count towards my savings, but I'm going to chat about my stockpiles anyway for fun.

Total spent today= 16.57( DH ate lunch out today (6.77), 9.44 for pop (4- 12 packs), and .36 for 10 Sobe Waters)

Our biggest problem with this challenge (and with our budget in general) is eating out and soda (we call it pop.. it's that yankee part of me). That's what's going to be the majority of our spending most weeks. I am going to let this challenge try and help me not drink as much soda, however, I don't think my husband is willing to participate in that same challenge, and he drinks A LOT of soda!

What did we eat today?
I'll start by saying that my husband and I are not breakfast eaters so we tend to not eat much of anything at breakfast. I try to eat a little so that my daughter will eat but some days I don't.
BREAKFAST- Kix cereal (free from triples) and a banana (from my produce co-op)
LUNCH- PB&J (J-free from triples; PB- less than $1 from CVS sale; bread was .89 after coupon at HT last week) and apples (from produce co-op)
DINNER- Split Chicken Breast (on sale last week for .88/lb- total 2.36), green bean casserole (green beans from produce-co-op; .59 for can of cream of mushroom at previous Target sale; French's free at triples)
SNACK- Strawberries (produce co-op), Special K snack bars (old WAG sale that were free or cheap)

Now, on to day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment